Re: [bolger] Re: Help please...Bolger photo catalog

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 24, 2007
      On 8/24/07, Stefan Probst <stefan.probst@opticom.v-nam.net> wrote:

      > But are the Flickr tags not essential to a number of your features?

      I don't view these features as 'mine'. Only a first stab to get
      things going. The embedded Flickr element was just something that was
      easy quick and free. Other things not using Flickr, are welcome..

      > Looks like wikidot doesn't provide a database (mySQL or similar).

      I actually am comfortable with the idea of using a database. Maybe we
      can find somewhere collaborative that uses a database 'free', with a
      Creative Commons license.

      > unless other not-database driven features come in, like articles.

      Yes, I think a Wiki, like Wiki Dot would work as place to collect
      together 'articles', such as cutting and pasting favorite messages
      better than other options which I presently see.

      > Most people wouldn't put a restriction on the designer in the first
      > place, so why make the database only for one designer and not open to all?

      Well, a database could easily be viewed as 'one designer' or 'several
      designers' depending on the query, so I see no real problem.

      > And a simple, but working thing is always better than a complicated
      > thing in dreamland ;)

      I am open to working in a database, I just don't know of an 'open'
      database to use in a Creative Commons license environment.

      > > For a skilled programmer that should be very easy to pull together,
      > > know anybody willing to tackle this?
      >
      > Well, somebody trying this might start with deleting all the GUI parts
      > in Delphi's GUI editor, compile it, and see what happens ...

      Just think how cool it would be to help with visualization of hull
      shapes to be able to rotate them in 360 degrees in a browser!