Re: [bolger] final photo posted

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 20, 2007
      On 8/19/07, dnjost <davidjost@...> wrote:

      > You can view the final photo of Diablo - warning this picture may not
      > be suitable for wooden boat builders.

      Actually, I find it natural to see that wooden boats have a finite
      life span. I recall Bolger writing that the conventional view about
      wood boats used to be that they were intended to last about as long as
      a modern day automobile. To our grandfather's generation, a twenty
      year life would be about normal for a wooden boat. And to the
      contrary today, expecting a wooden boat to last forever is unnatural.

      Go quickly build another. I vote for a Shivaree.