"Salty" Phils design/built 30 footer. Also called the 'Out O' Gloucester"

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2007
      Photos of my Glouceseter.

      Not a plywood box!

      Double planked Mohagany, copper rivits, Hollow Keel, twin Rebuilt
      GrayMarine engines, Rebuilt Eaton sterndrives and much more.
      All seams epoxy sealed in Port Townsend Wa. $30,000 invested in the
      bottom by prior owner.

      Takes heavy ocean waves straight on and just handles like a dream in
      the soup. This boat comes to life in 12 plus footers!

      http://www/gloucester30.zoomshare.com
    • cabbie_caesar
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 15, 2007
        I found the pictures here. Your boat is in great shape!

        http://www.gloucester-boat.zoomshare.com/

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 16, 2007
          ---Thanks, the boat was well loved for many yrs then it sat. Went thru
          a couple owners who knew or did anything except pay the moorage fees.

          I had to rebuild the transome due water laying up in the bilge against
          the heel. It was not too bad.
          Both stern drives were in need of rebuilding . They have silent chain
          drives.
          So, new chain, sealed bearings and both units sent out and poweder coated.

          Repaining and brightworks needed to be done also. I did both top ends
          on the engines, valves, heads, new fuel system too.

          Running 1/4 to 1/2 throtles the boat burns between $11.00 to $13.00
          per hour in varied currents. Some currents are 4 to 5 kts.

          The enire boat runs very, very nice.

          I rebuilt a 1943 Monk 50 foot last year. Doing a 30 foot is very nice
          compared to the bridgedeck.

          Will post some more photos undeway soon.