Re: Light schooner

  • Jim Kessler
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 26 12:45 AM
      Bill,
      With the bulkheads you dont need fillit with the logs. I filleted
      mine because I used PL premium for side to bulkhead glue. I fillited
      for added security.

      Concerning buttblock for the sides, if I had it to do again I would
      use Dynamite's method of taped joints. I had to do alot of fairing to
      get my sides looking presentable.

      I would definitely build the boat with scarfed logs. They are an
      intrical part of the boat design. That is alot of sail for such a
      light boat. The stress without the logs may tear the boat apart with
      just stich and glue method.

      Jim Kessler