Re: Bolger tribute report?

  • graeme19121984
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 3, 2007
      Hmmm. If PB&F are going increasingly to video format, I wonder if
      they may at sometime go to other ICTs for things like new books,
      reprints, study plans, and catalogues?

      Thanks for your interesting report Charles. Were the proceedings
      videoed, to be published by WB maybe?

      Graeme

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Rouse" <zavala@...> wrote:
      > [SNIP]
      > The video covered a variety of subjects, his childhood,
      > a basic story of his early boat design work, a boat by
      > boat account of several boats he designed some account of
      > his design principles, an explanation of why he designs
      > Bolger sharpies when not constrained by the customer
      > requests, his association with Suzanne Attenberg,
      > "She does most of the work now. She works with my ship
      > forms."
      > He had a rather sharp explanation of what he thought was
      > wrong with licensing of Naval Architects, and how this has
      > been attempted.
      > And a lot more. That video is well worth watching.
    • Charles Rouse
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 3, 2007

        > Hmmm. If PB&F are going increasingly to video format, I wonder if
        > they may at sometime go to other ICTs for things like new books,
        > reprints, study plans, and catalogues?
        >
        > Thanks for your interesting report Charles. Were the proceedings
        > videoed, to be published by WB maybe?
        >
        > Graeme

        I wondered about the video thing also. I didn't see anyone recording
        the proceedings, but it was a bit crowded and I know I didn't see
        everything.
        They have a video about the William D. Jochems I believe.
        Maybe they'll release the video they played at the tribute.

        Charles Rouse
      • John and Kathy Trussell
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 4, 2007
          I have seen references to videos from PCB&F and I have the one on Lily. At
          one point, there were references to a video on Birdwatcher and Queen Mab.
          Does anyone know what might be available?

          JohnT

          _____

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups. <mailto:bolger%40yahoogroups.com> com, "Charles