Re: Bolger tribute report?

  • graeme19121984
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 3, 2007
      Hi Jon,

      I just opened the latest issue of MAIB. PB&F will be going into this
      (maybe the LC too) at some length over the the next number (4?) of
      issues. I don't know about drawings. Things seem to be moving ahead now.

      Graeme

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "adventures_in_astrophotography"
      <jon@...> wrote:
      > Did he mention the Gloucester fishing boat project that has also
      > taken their time away from commissioned designs? Did you get to see
      > any drawings or photos of the landing craft?Jon Kolb

    • graeme19121984
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 3, 2007
        Hmmm. If PB&F are going increasingly to video format, I wonder if
        they may at sometime go to other ICTs for things like new books,
        reprints, study plans, and catalogues?

        Thanks for your interesting report Charles. Were the proceedings
        videoed, to be published by WB maybe?

        Graeme

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Rouse" <zavala@...> wrote:
        > [SNIP]
        > The video covered a variety of subjects, his childhood,
        > a basic story of his early boat design work, a boat by
        > boat account of several boats he designed some account of
        > his design principles, an explanation of why he designs
        > Bolger sharpies when not constrained by the customer
        > requests, his association with Suzanne Attenberg,
        > "She does most of the work now. She works with my ship
        > forms."
        > He had a rather sharp explanation of what he thought was
        > wrong with licensing of Naval Architects, and how this has
        > been attempted.
        > And a lot more. That video is well worth watching.
      • Charles Rouse
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 3, 2007

          > Hmmm. If PB&F are going increasingly to video format, I wonder if
          > they may at sometime go to other ICTs for things like new books,
          > reprints, study plans, and catalogues?
          >
          > Thanks for your interesting report Charles. Were the proceedings
          > videoed, to be published by WB maybe?
          >
          > Graeme

          I wondered about the video thing also. I didn't see anyone recording
          the proceedings, but it was a bit crowded and I know I didn't see
          everything.
          They have a video about the William D. Jochems I believe.
          Maybe they'll release the video they played at the tribute.

          Charles Rouse
        • John and Kathy Trussell
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 4, 2007
            I have seen references to videos from PCB&F and I have the one on Lily. At
            one point, there were references to a video on Birdwatcher and Queen Mab.
            Does anyone know what might be available?

            JohnT

            _____

            --- In bolger@yahoogroups. <mailto:bolger%40yahoogroups.com> com, "Charles