Bolger At Mystic!

  • danoyes1
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
      Hi all
      Got the chance to say Hi to Phill B. at Mystic this past weekend. I
      was at the Wooden Boat Show exibiting a boat built to a design that I
      had the privelage of discussing with him almost 2 yrs. ago (before I
      built the boat) infront of his home in West Gloucester.
      Dan
    • graeme19121984
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 4, 2007
        G'day Dan,

        How'd that go? Did you get any pointers and encouragement out of your
        discussion? What was the word on the finished boat?

        How'd PCB seem? Well I hope. I ask because in the MAIB PB&F article
        mention was made of not troubling the reader with the ordinary personal
        vicissitudes of life in writing about the design practice dilemmas of
        recent years.

        Graeme

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "danoyes1" <danoyes1@...> wrote:

        > Hi all
        > Got the chance to say Hi to Phill B. at Mystic this past weekend. I
        > was at the Wooden Boat Show exibiting a boat built to a design that I
        > had the privelage of discussing with him almost 2 yrs. ago (before I
        > built the boat) infront of his home in West Gloucester.
        > Dan

      • danoyes1
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 8, 2007
          Mr Bolger seemed well, I said hellow friday evening after the
          tribute. I really enjoyed chatting with him one afternoon in the
          shadow of his great house boat pull up in his yard. beautifull spot
          in west gloucester overlooking the marshes, annisquam river and town
          to the east. we got into a discussion about one design racing and
          why it is so popular. I also introduced my idea of strip planking
          the Ipswich Bay 18' sailing dory to him, a portion of the planking
          in his Story built house boat is also strip, he had some valuable
          insights that I was able to incorporate into the dory.
          Dan

          http://dansdories.googlepages.com

          > G'day Dan,
          >
          > How'd that go? Did you get any pointers and encouragement out of
          your
          > discussion? What was the word on the finished boat?
          >
          > How'd PCB seem? Well I hope. I ask because in the MAIB PB&F
          article
          > mention was made of not troubling the reader with the ordinary
          personal
          > vicissitudes of life in writing about the design practice dilemmas
          of
          > recent years.
          >
          > Graeme
          >

          > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "danoyes1" <danoyes1@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi all
          > > Got the chance to say Hi to Phill B. at Mystic this past
          weekend. I
          > > was at the Wooden Boat Show exibiting a boat built to a design
          that I
          > > had the privelage of discussing with him almost 2 yrs. ago
          (before I
          > > built the boat) infront of his home in West Gloucester.
          > > Dan

        • wonderwheel05
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 10, 2007
            All,

            I would have killed to have seen Phil speak this year. As if any
            of us needed another reason for going to the show, right?? I wasn't
            able to make it this year, but I'm hoping to see an article about
            PCB's talk at some point! The man is truly a legend... but of
            course we ALL already know this.

            haha, did anyone bother mentioning this group to him? I wonder
            if he knows. The man isn't exactly what we'd call "in" with modern
            information technology, after all...

            -Tom

            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "danoyes1" <danoyes1@...> wrote:

            > Mr Bolger seemed well, I said hellow friday evening after the
            > tribute. I really enjoyed chatting with him one afternoon in the
            > shadow of his great house boat pull up in his yard. beautifull
            spot
            > in west gloucester overlooking the marshes, annisquam river and
            town
            > to the east. we got into a discussion about one design racing and
            > why it is so popular. I also introduced my idea of strip planking
            > the Ipswich Bay 18' sailing dory to him, a portion of the planking
            > in his Story built house boat is also strip, he had some valuable
            > insights that I was able to incorporate into the dory.
            > Dan
            >
            > http://dansdories.googlepages.com
            >

            > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "graeme19121984" <graeme19121984@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > G'day Dan,
            > >
            > > How'd that go? Did you get any pointers and encouragement out of
            > your
            > > discussion? What was the word on the finished boat?
            > >
            > > How'd PCB seem? Well I hope. I ask because in the MAIB PB&F
            > article
            > > mention was made of not troubling the reader with the ordinary
            > personal
            > > vicissitudes of life in writing about the design practice
            dilemmas
            > of
            > > recent years.
            > >
            > > Graeme
            > >

            > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "danoyes1" <danoyes1@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi all
            > > > Got the chance to say Hi to Phill B. at Mystic this past
            > weekend. I
            > > > was at the Wooden Boat Show exibiting a boat built to a design
            > that I
            > > > had the privelage of discussing with him almost 2 yrs. ago
            > (before I
            > > > built the boat) infront of his home in West Gloucester.
            > > > Dan

          • Peter Lenihan
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 10, 2007
              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "wonderwheel05" <wonderwheel05@...>
              wrote:
              >> haha, did anyone bother mentioning this group to him? I wonder
              > if he knows. The man isn't exactly what we'd call "in" with modern
              > information technology, after all...
              >
              > -Tom

              Oh Yeah,He(they) know about this group. Used to post here on the odd
              occassion about 5 or 6 years ago.
              Theirs is a conscious descision NOT to go heavily into the internet
              swamp.Otherwise, they are very much into,or rather in-tune with the
              latest techno stuff out there.Just ask Susanne..........:-)

              Sincerely,

              Peter Lenihan
            • Kristine Bennett
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 10, 2007
                Ahhh Tom are you saying, we are lucky he has a FAX?
                (ducking and looking for cover)
                Krissie
                --- wonderwheel05 <wonderwheel05@...> wrote:

                > All,
                >
                > I would have killed to have seen Phil speak this
                > year. As if any
                > of us needed another reason for going to the show,
                > right?? I wasn't
                > able to make it this year, but I'm hoping to see an
                > article about
                > PCB's talk at some point! The man is truly a
                > legend... but of
                > course we ALL already know this.
                >
                > haha, did anyone bother mentioning this group to
                > him? I wonder
                > if he knows. The man isn't exactly what we'd call
                > "in" with modern
                > information technology, after all...
                >
                > -Tom

                http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC
              • Susan Davis
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 11, 2007

                  > Ahhh Tom are you saying, we are lucky he has a FAX?

                  Just the fax, ma'am.

                  --
                  Susan Davis <ducking@...>