Jason Stancil

  • Mark Balogh
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2007
      Sorry for the off subject post. Jason I have sent you a few emails
      over the last month to your private address with no reply. Please let
      me know if you are receiving them.

      Thanks
      Mark

    • nels
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 5, 2007
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <kingw@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        > I have posted nine pictures of the rudder I built for my Long Micro.
        > They are all detail shots showing various stages of construction. If
        > you hunger for inspiring pictures of a pretty LM, don't look- there
        > are only pictures of my rudder. That sounds naughty, doesn't it?
        >
        > http://personal.bgsu.edu/~kingw/boat/

        Thanks for updating the photos of your build. The rudder assembly
        looks great. Nice idea using a length of SS exhaust pipe for the post.

        Looks like you are going to have a very fast and capable cruiser.

        All the best,

        Nels
      • Bill
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 6, 2007
          Nels,
          It's not SS, just regular steel pipe. I cannot weld SS. I've read a
          bit about epoxy coating steel, but I'm interested in seeing how well
          my coated rudder holds up. It will be in fresh water, so I don't
          expect a serious problem with corrosion. The entire rudder assembly
          is VERY strong. It would probably bend and rip the mounts out before
          the rudder blade would separate from the post. Hopefully I never test
          that. I'll try to post other interesting pictures soon.

          Bill