Buying Time - To Live In Space? 1980!

  • graeme19121984
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2007
      The DynaRig on the yacht linked below strongly reminds me of PB&F's
      Christmas tree square rigs as on the Proa-20 #664, and Proa-60, as well
      as those square rigs of Nancy Jack #378, and Margaret Mead.

      PCB loved to simplify things, and afaik though he never said there was
      any connection, I wonder if in the sixties Mr W. Prolls stimulated
      PCB's initial interest in more ways than one? That is, along the lines
      of commercial sail propulsion, by square rig, for future shipping -
      joined to the necessity of buying time for human civilisation. Waddya
      reckon?

      http://www.symaltesefalcon.com/images/design_concept.htm

      http://www.symaltesefalcon.com/

      (As for clipper fun, this one may beat the Cutty Sark's best run.)

      Graeme