Re: [bolger] SEA HAWK

  • rick barnes
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2007
      I looked at this book twice, and finally bought it too. You are right, it is really worth the price for all the plans you get. Not much new and original material, but a good compilation of Dynamite's and Phil's work.

      Rick

      Nels <arvent@...> wrote:
      I was browsing through Dynamite's latest book while waiting for lunch
      at a local eating place and my senses got caught up by the lovely
      profile of the dory/skiff called SEA HAWK therin.

      So I scanned a couple of information pages about the design and posted
      them at this link, for those who may not be aware of this design.

      Payson actually upgraded the plans from the original which called for
      spiling the sides and has includs developed side panels and a 6 page
      layout that give complete building instructions.

      This design alone makes the book worth the price if one is interested
      in a fishing skiff. It also has plans for several other skiffs
      including DIABLE GRANDE both length CLAM SKIFFs as well as SNEAKEASY.

      Nels