Re: [bolger] Re: Sailing with girls

  • Kristine Bennett
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2007
      Hmmm my cat loves to sit on the bow deck with the
      dogs. If Sky (Alaskan malamute big and furry dog) is
      in the water so is the cat... I'm in the shower and I
      forget to close the door I have cat playing tangle
      foot with me in the shower. If I take a bath and the
      cat hears the water I know there is going to be a
      splash shortly after I hear his feet coming down the
      hall.

      So yes you have a cat that loves the water.

      As for teaching the cat to sail I don't think so
      seeing how they have no thumbs and would have a hard
      time pulling on any of the lines that control the
      sail.

      Blessings to all
      Krissie

      PS Yes I know I have a strange cat! So he thinks he's
      a dog!

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007
        Never teach the cat to flush, which might be an expediant, bur could
        seriously extend your water bill. Clyde
        Kristine Bennett wrote:

        > Hmmm my cat loves to sit on the bow deck with the
        > dogs. If Sky (Alaskan malamute big and furry dog) is
        > in the water so is the cat... I'm in the shower and I
        > forget to close the door I have cat playing tangle
        > foot with me in the shower. If I take a bath and the
        > cat hears the water I know there is going to be a
        > splash shortly after I hear his feet coming down the
        > hall.
        >
        > So yes you have a cat that loves the water.
        >
        > As for teaching the cat to sail I don't think so
        > seeing how they have no thumbs and would have a hard
        > time pulling on any of the lines that control the
        > sail.
        >
        > Blessings to all
        > Krissie
        >
        > PS Yes I know I have a strange cat! So he thinks he's
        > a dog!
        >

        > > Better to be trusted than feared! The real question
        > > is, could you
        > > possibly teach a cat to sail without panic?
        > >
        > > -Chris

        > http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/ <http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/>

      • c o'donnell
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 7, 2007
          Clyde,

          missed you at the Mid Atlantic Small Craft Fest, and of course no
          LILY. What's up?

          On Jun 4, 2007, at 8:40 AM, Clyde Wisner wrote:

          > Never teach the cat to flush, which might be an expediant, bur could
          > seriously extend your water bill. Clyde
          > Kristine Bennett wrote:
          >
          > > Hmmm my cat loves to sit on the bow deck with the
          > > dogs. If Sky (Alaskan malamute big and furry dog) is
          > > in the water so is the cat... I'm in the shower and I
          > > forget to close the door I have cat playing tangle
          > > foot with me in the shower. If I take a bath and the
          > > cat hears the water I know there is going to be a
          > > splash shortly after I hear his feet coming down the
          > > hall.
          > >
          > > So yes you have a cat that loves the water.
          > >
          > > As for teaching the cat to sail I don't think so
          > > seeing how they have no thumbs and would have a hard
          > > time pulling on any of the lines that control the
          > > sail.
          > >
          > > Blessings to all
          > > Krissie
          > >
          > > PS Yes I know I have a strange cat! So he thinks he's
          > > a dog!
          > >

          > > > Better to be trusted than feared! The real question
          > > > is, could you
          > > > possibly teach a cat to sail without panic?
          > > >
          > > > -Chris

          === c o'donnell
          dadadata@...
          Box 232 Betterton 21610

        • Clyde Wisner
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 8, 2007
            Hi COD, Must have missed each other in the crowd and the heat. Lily is
            still resting under the car port and bird droppings. I'm going to try to
            build a motor mount in my pygmy wherry for the minnkota and a couple of
            batteries. Take it to S Carolina end of the month. I'm still fooling
            with my house project but I have built a 16X32 boat shed so I can get
            the junk out of the house and put down flooring.
            I saw John H at the sailboat show, he didn't remember my name, but said
            you had moved to Delaware. Please give my best to Kate. Clyde