Re: Insolent 60 isometric rendering

  • Susan Davis
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2007

      > http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=525094641&size=o
      >
      > I60. Shown on a broad reach, wow, that would be fast.

      Ooo, I've got to get me one of those.

      :-)

      In all seriousness, in what format is the original 3D model? Amanda
      has been playing around with Maya lately....

      --
      Susan Davis <secretary@...>
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2007
        I modeled it using the Free!Ship boat modeling software.

        > In all seriousness, in what format is the original 3D model? Amanda
        > has been playing around with Maya lately....
      • John and Kathy Trussell
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2007
          Other than the splash pad, this looks a little like 'Burgundy' which, as far as I know, has never been built and which is a somewhat more manageable size.

          JohnT

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 4, 2007
            On 6/3/07, John and Kathy Trussell <jtrussell2@...> wrote:

            > Other than the splash pad, this looks a little like 'Burgundy' which, as far as I know, has never been built and which is a somewhat more manageable size.
            >
            > JohnT

            I agree, the hull shape falls into a rather large family of Bolger
            hard chined Sharpies, including Burgundy. 'Somewhat more manageable'
            to for the building, absolutely, I bet you could build ten Burgundy's
            in the time to build one I60. Yet, as a sign of Bolger's genius, the
            I60 would be the 'more manageable' boat for trailering compared with a
            Burgundy.

            (And, this is what goes through my mind, the I60 would be possible to
            berth in a 30 foot marina slip. In San Francisco 60 foot long end tie
            berthing is essentially nonexistant.)