Re: Sailing with girls

  • Chris Crandall
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2007
      COD says:

      >Great. I get compliments in the thread called "sailing with girls" --
      >sigh ...

      >Then again, in *teaching* sailing to girls in the junior classes, some
      >of them "get it" right away, others are a little hesitatnt, but the
      >worst panic cases I saw were boys.

      Better to be trusted than feared! The real question is, could you
      possibly teach a cat to sail without panic?

      -Chris
    • Kristine Bennett
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2007
        Hmmm my cat loves to sit on the bow deck with the
        dogs. If Sky (Alaskan malamute big and furry dog) is
        in the water so is the cat... I'm in the shower and I
        forget to close the door I have cat playing tangle
        foot with me in the shower. If I take a bath and the
        cat hears the water I know there is going to be a
        splash shortly after I hear his feet coming down the
        hall.

        So yes you have a cat that loves the water.

        As for teaching the cat to sail I don't think so
        seeing how they have no thumbs and would have a hard
        time pulling on any of the lines that control the
        sail.

        Blessings to all
        Krissie

        PS Yes I know I have a strange cat! So he thinks he's
        a dog!

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2007
          Never teach the cat to flush, which might be an expediant, bur could
          seriously extend your water bill. Clyde
          Kristine Bennett wrote:

          > Hmmm my cat loves to sit on the bow deck with the
          > dogs. If Sky (Alaskan malamute big and furry dog) is
          > in the water so is the cat... I'm in the shower and I
          > forget to close the door I have cat playing tangle
          > foot with me in the shower. If I take a bath and the
          > cat hears the water I know there is going to be a
          > splash shortly after I hear his feet coming down the
          > hall.
          >
          > So yes you have a cat that loves the water.
          >
          > As for teaching the cat to sail I don't think so
          > seeing how they have no thumbs and would have a hard
          > time pulling on any of the lines that control the
          > sail.
          >
          > Blessings to all
          > Krissie
          >
          > PS Yes I know I have a strange cat! So he thinks he's
          > a dog!
          >

          > > Better to be trusted than feared! The real question
          > > is, could you
          > > possibly teach a cat to sail without panic?
          > >
          > > -Chris

          > http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/ <http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/>

        • c o'donnell
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 7, 2007
            Clyde,

            missed you at the Mid Atlantic Small Craft Fest, and of course no
            LILY. What's up?

            On Jun 4, 2007, at 8:40 AM, Clyde Wisner wrote:

            > Never teach the cat to flush, which might be an expediant, bur could
            > seriously extend your water bill. Clyde
            > Kristine Bennett wrote:
            >
            > > Hmmm my cat loves to sit on the bow deck with the
            > > dogs. If Sky (Alaskan malamute big and furry dog) is
            > > in the water so is the cat... I'm in the shower and I
            > > forget to close the door I have cat playing tangle
            > > foot with me in the shower. If I take a bath and the
            > > cat hears the water I know there is going to be a
            > > splash shortly after I hear his feet coming down the
            > > hall.
            > >
            > > So yes you have a cat that loves the water.
            > >
            > > As for teaching the cat to sail I don't think so
            > > seeing how they have no thumbs and would have a hard
            > > time pulling on any of the lines that control the
            > > sail.
            > >
            > > Blessings to all
            > > Krissie
            > >
            > > PS Yes I know I have a strange cat! So he thinks he's
            > > a dog!
            > >

            > > > Better to be trusted than feared! The real question
            > > > is, could you
            > > > possibly teach a cat to sail without panic?
            > > >
            > > > -Chris

            === c o'donnell
            dadadata@...
            Box 232 Betterton 21610

          • Clyde Wisner
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 8, 2007
              Hi COD, Must have missed each other in the crowd and the heat. Lily is
              still resting under the car port and bird droppings. I'm going to try to
              build a motor mount in my pygmy wherry for the minnkota and a couple of
              batteries. Take it to S Carolina end of the month. I'm still fooling
              with my house project but I have built a 16X32 boat shed so I can get
              the junk out of the house and put down flooring.
              I saw John H at the sailboat show, he didn't remember my name, but said
              you had moved to Delaware. Please give my best to Kate. Clyde