Re: Nymph dinghy

  • Nels
    Message 1 of 49 , Jun 2, 2007
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, rick barnes <barnesrickw@...> wrote:

      > That is a great article. Thanks for sharing.
      >
      > Rick

      > http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/07/projects/nymph/index.htm

      It may also be helpful to know that Dynamite Payson includes RUBENS
      NYMPH plans in his latest book, as well as plans for AURAY PUNT and
      what he calls "BIG TORTOISE" (Much like a BRICK?)

      This is what he says about building from the plans in the book:

      ..."Bolger gives just about every dimension you'll need, allowing you
      to build the boats directly from the book if your eyesight is good and
      you want to save a few bucks" The plan pages are remarkably clear and
      and clean!

      He still recommends purchasing the full-sized plans as they are cheap
      and much easier to refer too, and build a model from.

      The book also has a lot of other plans, useful tips, and information
      anyway - even if you have his previous book - or buy the full-sized plans.

      Nels
    • Stefan Probst
      Message 49 of 49 , Jun 18, 2007
        This one was stuck for a looooong time in my outbox...

        (apologies for not cutting the original at the bottom, but it's been
        long time, and it might be easier to have a "tail" than to have to dig
        through archives)

        Graeme,
        thanks for looking things up. Unfortunately, we are not much further.
        As it stands now with the Bolger Houseboat variants:

        - Houseboat (19'9" x 7'10")
        Seems to be an original design. The text says at least nothing
        that it would be an update of another design.
        Scans on Yahoo study_plans_only and Cartoons are basically
        identical to the ones on http://euler.sfasu.edu/Shantyboats ..
        and are probably from CSD catalogue and CSD books.
        then there is
        - Barge Houseboat BWAOM Ch#58 (25'6" x 7'10") (Yahoo Database)
        Maybe somebody who has the BWOAM can verify the dimensions,
        and even upload a scan to compare with the other version.
        Is there a Design Number mentioned in BWAOM?
        and finally there is
        - Barge Houseboat #481 (20' x 8') (according to Yahoo Database)
        Could be a modified version of the first Houseboat,
        or the same, or another one ....

        Just trying to get an Update 4 finished...

        Cheers, and thanks,
        Stefan