Re: [bolger] Sweet pea - Stretched Dory

  • Sam Glasscock
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2007
      Having built and rowed the streched dory, I found her
      a very small 19'. She is a beautiful boat, will take
      three but rows perfeclty with only one aboard, and is
      an easy build. The original Gloucester Gull is
      already, in effect, a scaled down version, but the
      streched boat is faster to row and easy to
      manage--don't let the length scare you, is my advice.
      --- courrielel <courrielel@...> wrote:

      > Hi (happy tax payers)
      > I have just read Dynamite Payson's last book that
      > includes two plans
      > that I would like to build.
      > First one is Sweet Pea : I want this boat for rowing
      > only and was
      > wondering if she could be built stitch and glue ?
      > Second for rowing too is the Stretched Dory. But at
      > 19'6'' she is a
      > bit big for me. Can she be reduced to around 17'
      > (10%) without
      > changing her performances ?

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • John and Kathy Trussell