ebay: 1980 Phil Bolger Solution 48 Wheelhouse Trawler

  • sals_dad
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2007
      Saw this listing: # 320110185216
      Chester, MD
      Not clear what reserve price is set.

      Wish I was looking for a live-aboard!
      Sal's Dad

      PHIL BOLGER - SOLUTION 48 DOUBLE END WHEEL HOUSE TRAWLER

      YEAR: 1980

      LENGTH: 48'

      BEAM: 12'8"

      DRAFT: 2'6"

      DISPL: 22,000 LBS

      FUEL: 90 GAL.

      WATER: 40 GAL. FRESH

      MAKE: PHIL BOLGER WHEEL HOUSE DOUBLE END TRAWLER

      HULL: STEEL

      ENGINE: S/30 H.P. SABB DIESEL

      INBOARD

      450.4 ORIGINAL HOURS

      SPEED: CRUISE 7.5 knots @ 1300 rpm, 1gph

      ACCOMODATIONS: SLEEP 5 –

      2 IN STATE ROOM

      1 CONVERTIBLE DINETTE

      2 CONVERTIBLE SETTEE

      MASTER HEAD: HEAD W/HOLDING TANK, SHOWER

      GALLEY: REFRIGERATOR,

      4 BURNER w/OVEN LP
      STOVE

      (2 LP TANKS)

      40 GAL. FRESH WATER
      SYSTEM

      ELECTRICAL: 4 BATTERIES, CHARGER

      ELECTRONICS: BENMAR AUTO PILOT, 14 Mile FURUNO
      RADAR

      VHF, COMPASS, FURUNO
      D.F., FURUNO G.P.S.

      SOLAR PANELS: DUAL PANELS

      MISC: LAY-DOWN MAST w/SAIL

      AIR CONDITIONER, the needs charged

      2 ANCHORS

      2 BILGE PUMPS

      STANCHIONS

      EMERGENCY TILLER

      LOCATION: CHESTER, MD. ZIP CODE 21619

      Buyer is responsible for all other costs including but not limited
      to cost of transportation and transfer of ownership.

      This 48 Solution, which is the name given by it's designer Mr. Phil
      Bolger, was originally designed and built in 1980 for Mr. Fred
      Collen in Ron Barnes Boat yard in St. Augustine Florida. She was
      also known as the "48 Wheel House Trawler. Her mast design is
      patterned after Mr. Bolger's own vessel the Resolution. She is Coast
      Guard documented as the Endev'our.

      The name was arrived at as we had endeavored to find the perfect,
      sturdy vessel with the sole purpose being comfortable enough for us
      to live aboard after retirement. The name took on new meaning as
      we "endeavored" to complete her and make her home looking forward to
      inter coastal journeys and endless days on the Chesapeake Bay. As
      circumstances have changed we no longer require a live aboard
      vessel. After owning her only a few short months employment
      transfers took us into the land locked portion of the country.

      The boat is a sturdy ½" thick, virtually indestructible steel hull
      with 3 separate "chambers". The first being the aft engine room,
      living area and bow anchor room area. She's good at a cruise speed
      up to 7.5 knots. The below is very comfortable with ample headroom
      (even for myself at 6'2").

      The bottom was just re-done and is black. There is one "soft spot"
      on the port side just to the corner of the pilothouse, which is in
      need of a repair of new marine grade plywood sheet of about 2 foot
      to mend it. There is an on deck locker storage and ample storage as
      mentioned in the anchor room chamber. The starter battery needs
      replaced.

      Plenty of spare parts can be found in the engine room for the Sabb
      Diesel that was imported just for this vessel. We have all
      documentation for it and the 450.4 hours are original.

      Electronics are new and all wiring to them is also new. The solar
      panel will provide constant power when away from port. The air
      conditioner is in need of a recharge.

      There are two LP tanks to support the 4 burner stove/oven in the
      galley. Plenty of drawer as well as shelf storage built in. Fresh
      water capacity is 40 gallons.

      The head is pump out and fully functional. The shower was never
      completed but only requires plumbing.

      The stateroom sleeps two person very comfortably in the full size
      area, full storage below the bed and along side in a closet
      approximately 3x3x5.

      This is a sound structure yet still enough of her remains "un-
      refined" to allow for someone who wants to "put your own personality
      into her. You will be able to claim ownership of a definite one of
      a kind Phil Bolger boat. She turns heads with her unique lines and
      she always prompts pleasant conversations while on the water.

      Any further information desired will be furnished upon emailing.
      Please feel free to contact us. Thank you very much.