Re: Hawkeye with cabin nextended as on Microtrawler

  • Bob Chamberland
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 23, 2007
      I can't guess what is in PCB's mind but I do know he was rather
      sympathetic to the manipulation of the Hawkeye design and encouraged
      the experiment.

      The prototype attained 16 mph with an old 25 hp outboard, no
      passengers. With two passengers speed still was 15-16 mph. Ultimately
      the estimated speed was up to 18 mph. My variant was several hundred
      pounds heavier and never attained more that 15 mph with a Honda 25.
      Most of the gofast MTs seem to use up to 40 hp. I believe the weight
      mostly effected the effort to get up on a plane.

      I suspect that the Hawkeye hull shape can handle the top hamper as
      well as a stretched MT and would look better and be easier to build.
      In retrospect the motor well could very easily be omitted.
      Bob Chamberland