Re: Modified Catfish?

  • Nels
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 20, 2007
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "miles_bore" <miles_bore@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      > I purchased the plans from PCB & Friends at the end of last year - the
      > original plans with 'raised deck' (not really ergonomically friendly)
      > and the modified with centre board, 5 inch wide side decks and built
      > in seating. She really is a wonderful design. I'm about to start
      > building having spent quite some time considering the internal layout
      > options. I'm going for the long, fixed keel but have designed side
      > seating and storage so she will be an open cruiser - basically a
      > Chebacco with a large cockpit and no cabin. I've put together a model
      > (just a rough from cardboard) and can't wait to start on the full size
      > version! I intend to place photos and some comments here as I
      > progress. Feel free to email me if you are interested.
      > Cheers
      > Miles.

      Congratulations Miles and good luck on your build!

      I liked the idea of keeping the cockpit open with the fixed keel
      option as well. Then also considering the portable forward spray
      cover/dodger as in the orignal plans.

      Another great feature of Catfish is having a motor on the centerline.
      Then I read about PCB&F considering a Birdwatcher upgrade. Then I
      began to visualize a removable hardtop, similar to the motorsailor
      version of Chebacco.

      But ended up realizing it will be a beautiful looking and handy design
      as is:-)

      What size motor are they suggesting?

      Nels