Alaskan Motorsailer #610 Questions

  • Nels
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2007
      I have been reviewing some of the information about this design at:

      You will notice that the sailplan has been revised from the original
      version. "Stephen B" uses a high-peaked gaff main and a lego'o
      mutton mizzen. Sailing out of Anchorage AK. The updated version
      drawn for a builder for use on Great Slave Lake NWT shows a fully
      battened lugsail main and a gaff mizzen. And perhaps a larger sail
      area? Apparantly this revision was discussed in a March 2003 issue
      of MAIB. My question is, does anyone have that article available? I
      am very interested in the philosophy behind the newer rig rendition.

      My second question is there anything in that article suggesting what
      size engine was recommended with the upgrade? Also is there any
      mention of alternator size?

      If nobody has that Information I guess I will send the Master a fax
      and will let you know if there is a response.

      This is at the top of my dream list for a full-time liveaboard for
      one person and occasional guests:-)

      Nels