Re: Started a light scooner

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 2, 2007
      jkess,
      Don't know if you saw this article at Duckworks or not. Involves
      modifying the motorwell on the LS.
      Bill
      http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/07/columns/rob/index5.htm

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "jkess777" <jkess777@...> wrote:

      > My first build but it is going very fast.
      > Pictures are here...

    • dcassidyus
      Message 2 of 13 , May 10, 2007
        Jim

        Just came across this thread.
        I'm considering using Ultraply for my Michalek AF3, and I'm wondering
        what you think of it so far.

        Any other boats on the web I can check out that have used it that you
        know of?

        David C

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "jkess777" <jkess777@...> wrote:

        > My first build but it is going very fast.
        > Pictures are here...

      • Jim Kessler
        Message 3 of 13 , May 13, 2007
          David,
          Seems to be much better than luan. It is thicker than 1/4. I like the
          fact that no knot filling has to be done because both sides are
          completely clear. It also has a plank look if you wanted to go
          bright. It does smell different than any ply I have ever cut might be
          the glues they use I'm not sure. It can also be a harder on router
          bits.
          Hope this helps,
          Jim