Kayak 284

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2007
      Anybody around here built a Kayak, design 284? 11'5" x 1'11"

      I am trying to guess how light in weight it could be made. < 40 lbs?

      http://hallman.org/bolger/284/Kayak284.png
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2007
        > I am trying to guess how light in weight it could be made. < 40 lbs?

        Answering my own question, (I rarely use the Freeship function to
        calculate weight), put I just plugged in numbers with the assumption
        1/4" plywood with a 50 PCF density, and Freeship calcs out at 38
        pounds (no fiberglass, no foam).