Re: hawkeye

  • Bob Chamberland
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 2007
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "nojustice7" <nojustice7@...> wrote:

      > Hello this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone had pictures of
      > the Bolger design "hawkeye"?

      Have you seen the article published years ago in Messing About in
      Boats that chronicled the "test drive" of the prototype? I have it
      somewhere and can scan it in. My "Hawkeye" shows up here and there on
      the internet but it is a variation. Pictures are posted on Bolger2 and
      probably on the Duckworks site.
      Bob Chamberland

    • franjanus
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 29, 2010
        hi i am new to this site and not good at computer skills i looked through this site there is a lot written in these pages,i still can't find pictures or drawings on this craft,there is one for sale in fl.it sounds like the boat i am looking for but i would like to here from those how own them thanks frank
      • GBroadlick@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2010
          I have a Halkeye and have found her to be a great boat. I cruised her this spring pitching a 2 man tent on the back for sleeping. She used very little gas with a 25 hp 4 stroke. Max speed for an empty boat is around 15 knots. Loaded with people and gear 10 knots is max. She will go forever at 6 knots at 1/4 throtle. I would not cut out the forward hole in the side, i find too much water washing the deck. I just got back frome the texas 200, will try to post pictures later
          sshawkeye0003.jpg
          sshawkeye004.jpg

          hi i am new to this site and not good at computer skills i looked through this site there is a lot written in these pages,i still can't find pictures or drawings on this craft,there is one for sale in fl.it sounds like the boat i am looking for but i would like to here from those how own them thanks frank

        • Frank and Jeannette
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2010
            thank's for the pictures,looking foward to your next picts.how long is your tug,did you build her or buy her?thats a good top speed,most of the posts say they onley get 5 or 6 knt's out of the tug's they own or know of thanks again frank

            I have a Halkeye and have found her to be a great boat. I cruised her this spring pitching a 2 man tent on the back for sleeping. She used very little gas with a 25 hp 4 stroke. Max speed for an empty boat is around 15 knots. Loaded with people and gear 10 knots is max. She will go forever at 6 knots at 1/4 throtle. I would not cut out the forward hole in the side, i find too much water washing the deck. I just got back frome the texas 200, will try to post pictures later
            sshawkeye0003.jpg
            sshawkeye004.jpg

            hi i am new to this site and not good at computer skills i looked through this site there is a lot written in these pages,i still can't find pictures or drawings on this craft,there is one for sale in fl.it sounds like the boat i am looking for but i would like to here from those how own them thanks frank

          • R Ranville
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 1, 2010

              can somebody tell me how to stop getting every e-mail posted here? THX.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 1, 2010
                Click on "Edit Membership" at top of page. Deselect button that says
                "Individual Email" by picking "Web Only"

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 1, 2010
                  THX...I think this is a great group...I'm about to build my second June Bug...but I don't need to see everything.

                  Why two? The first one was built out of 1/4 Luoan and is shot after 20 years. But it's a great boat and I expect greater than Bolger let on. This one will have no permanent seats and will be decked over to the fixed mast partner. This hull reminds me of the America's Cup (winner?) fielded by Mr. Koch from Kansas City, how many races ago?
                  Click on "Edit Membership" at top of page. Deselect button that says
                  "Individual Email" by picking "Web Only"

                  --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "R Ranville" <r.ranville@...> wrote:

                  > can somebody tell me how to stop getting every e-mail posted here? THX.

                • daschultz2000
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 1, 2010
                    It's impolite to hijack a thread. We'd all like to hear about your June Bugs, in your own thread.

                    Back on topic, Hawkeye has a chapter in Bolger's book "BOATS WITH AN OPEN MIND".

                    Don