Re: [bolger] Re: Black Skimmer for sale

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1 2:31 PM
      On 3/1/07, lancasterdennis wrote:

      > The only rub comes
      > when we choose to sell.

      The resale value of new 'commerically made' boats is dismal too.

      Resale value of 'backyard' built boats is even worse.

      I am guessing that the resale price of 'soft chine' backyard-built
      boats (cold mold or lapstrake) is much better than 'hard chined'
      backyard-built boxy boats.

      If you want to get a boat cheap (sometimes even free), seek out an
      unloved older used boat.
    • Wayne Gilham at Gig Harbor Yacht Sales
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 26, 2008
        Ok, ok, a bit of promotion here: I've finally realized that (with my much
        larger Irwin 43 center-cockpit sloop taking all my "fix-it" time) I'll never
        get to the necessary work on my trailerable sailboat, so she's going to the
        first committed buyer (preferably one who really understands and appreciates
        Bolger boats) with a big enough check. She's ready to trailer easily to
        wherever you cruise.

        As a broker, I have the luxury of posting full specs and photos of her at
        YachtWorld - go to YachtWorld.com and plug in as your search: 25' Phil
        Bolger Black Skimmer. Be sure you click on the "full specs" button after
        reviewing the introductory paragraphs.

        I have tons more info I can send out, to any interested buyer. It's a very
        fast (for a non-planing boat), easy to setup and easy to sail design.
        undeniably in need of cosmetic restoration (but she's essentially solid!)

        So if you've lusted after the just-completed Nexus Marine example recently
        discussed and linked-to here, this one (at 1 /20th the cost!) is essentially
        the identical boat, though my mast and sail off Richard Zapf's "Red Zinger"
        is for sure an even better-setting rig!

        Regards,

        Wayne Gilham

        Tacoma WA

        Cell: 253 318 9873

      • dnjost
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 26, 2008
          Wayne -

          If I didn't have so many projects underway at the moment, I would
          consider driving from Boston to Washington and bringing her under the
          care of a Bolger devotee. A few well spent hours with a scraper and
          sander, coat with epoxy, and repaint and that boat will be ready for
          another generation.

          Very cool, thanks for posting all the pictures. I particularly liked
          the cabin filled with oreos. That is the current state of any of my
          boats with kids in them. A bag of oreos usually indicates all had fun.

          David Jost
          Boston, MA
        • Wayne Gilham
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 26, 2008
            A few on the Bolger list have found my previously-posted search criteria
            doesn't work on YachtWorld.

            Ooops. Just enter Black Skimmer in Yachtworld.com's first search box; that
            should do it. (the feet-length I put in there confused their search
            engine!) Once YachtWorld's little preview is "up", click on "more info /
            photos" below the picture for the full scoop.

            Or - even easier -- use this direct link: http://tinyurl.com/2jqu8u

            Go for it! Wayne Gilham