Re: [bolger] Re: Bolger canoe yawl

  • Mark Albanese
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 28, 2007
      I had the thought that some version of the step sharpie would be the
      right direction.
      Flying cloud or Hasler?

      On Feb 27, 2007, at 8:23 AM, Bruce Hallman wrote:

      > This blinks on the 'idea light bulb' in my head: why cannot a water
      > ballasted boat have a watertight recessed space 'footwell' through the
      > water tank, extending down towards the keel to allow a comfortable
      > place for you feet while sitting in the cabin?
    • donschultz8275
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2007
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Mark Albanese <marka@...> wrote:

        > I had the thought that some version of the step sharpie would be
        the
        > right direction.
        > Flying cloud or Hasler?
        >

        > On Feb 27, 2007, at 8:23 AM, Bruce Hallman wrote:
        > >
        > > This blinks on the 'idea light bulb' in my head: why cannot a water
        > > ballasted boat have a watertight recessed space 'footwell' through
        the
        > > water tank, extending down towards the keel to allow a comfortable
        > > place for you feet while sitting in the cabin?

        Flying Cloud's box keel was partially flooded and partially a dry
        footwell. I recall that the boat was simply a "test mule" for the box
        keel concept, and not intended to fill a particular need for the
        boating public.

        Don Schultz