FastBrick and Other Updates

  • adventures_in_astrophotography
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2007
      I'm declaring my FastBrick "Stargazer" finished and I've finally
      updated my website with the latest construction photos. She still
      needs her sail made and I've got to overcome some issues with the
      rudder mounting that prevent it from folding flat according to the
      plans. The problem is not a mistake I made, but rather with the
      specified pintles and (especially) gudgeons.

      In any case, the latest images start here:
      http://www.kolbsadventures.com/fastbrick_10.htm

      Many thanks to whomever it was that suggested DuraBak, by the way.

      And if anyone is interested, the launch day photos of my
      Diablo "Halcyon" (I know, that's a bit lame) are posted here:
      http://www.kolbsadventures.com/diablo_12.htm

      Finally, a nice shot from last August of my Michalak Robote "Hypoxia"
      on Pike's Peak appears at the bottom of this page:
      http://www.kolbsadventures.com/robote_8.htm

      That last one is especially useful for morale today, as one of my
      several bosses is pico-managing again, and we're expecting another
      blizzard this afternoon. On the bright side, I've located some of
      the photos of my old Common Sense Skiff and will post those as soon
      as I make time to scan them. I'm also on trail of my Light Schooner
      shots and hope to post them soon as well.

      Jon Kolb