Re: Sailing the Bobcat

  • txsailor37
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 28 4:11 AM
      I would think that an increase in flotation would be good. If I were
      to do it all over again, I would seriously consider making the rear
      area under the "seat" a sealed compartment. That should give you
      plenty of positive bouyancy along with the foam up front. Better yet
      seal this compartment off as well seeing as to how it is totally
      inaccessible once the deck is put on. Having said all of that I have
      never worried about flotation for the boat. The boat is very stable,
      I sail in protected waters for the most part and always wear a life
      vest. In the event that the boat became swamped so bad that I could
      not bail it, and or sank I would just start swimming toward shore.

      Bobby