Light Power Cruiser Concept

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2007
      50 ft x 9'4"

      http://hallman.org/bolger/LightPowerCruiserConcept/LightPowerCruiserConcept.png

      The problem I see with Illinois for sure, and even Wyoming, is that
      they are 'flat water' river boats. To the contrary, Bolger's Light
      Power Cruiser Concept is a similar sized 'live-a-board' boat, and a
      true sharpie (with its extreme beam to length ratio); which is more
      coastal seaworthy and 'boat like'. From a cartoon in a 1995 MAIB.
      The powerplant is not mentioned, but I wonder if now it might be
      spec'ed to be an air cooled Deutz 3FL1011? This hull would get
      spectacular cruising 'miles per gallon'.

      One interesting detail that I notice is the 'bulbous bow', which I
      presume is intended to improve the buoyancy at the bow for the purpose
      of increasing the effective waterline length to increase low powered
      cruising efficiency, at up to 15 knots. Also notice the nice aft
      stateroom, far apart from the two pipe berth 'grandkids' bunks in the
      bow.