FW: Bolger's writeup about Diablo?

  • Kenneth Grome
    Message 1 of 37 , Feb 4, 2007
      I've just read an interesting letter from a guy who supposedly works (or worked) in the boat repair industry, built a Diablo himself, and has nothing but glowing things to say about it. For example:

      > Diablo is easily the smoothest riding, fastest,
      > and best turning boat in her class that I've
      > ever encountered.

      I looked in BWAOM but Diablo is not in there. Does anyone have a copy of Bolger's writeup about Diablo that he/she could send me? I'm curious now about the design brief that Bolger wrote himself ...

      Sincerely,
      Kenneth Grome
      Bagacay Boatworks
      www.bagacayboatworks.com
    • donschultz8275
      Message 37 of 37 , Feb 7, 2007
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Howard Stephenson" <stephensonhw@...>
        wrote:

        > Firebrand appears in 30-Odd boats. Sneakeasy is in BWAOM. The two
        > hulls have the same basic dimensions: 26'6" x 4'3". S'easy's hull
        > appears to be a re-draw of the other one.
        >
        > I like the way Bolger shows the condensors recessed into the bottom
        > of Firebrand's hull. R.J. Smith type III monotube boiler, spinning
        > cup burner, Panther Junior 15 hp motor.
        >
        > Howard

        My apologies for the error. I'm blessed to have both books and
        sometimes forget which has what.

        Don Schultz