Re: [bolger] Re: HOW ABOUT A SOUTHEASTERN MESSAGBOUT?

  • dave seeton
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 2, 2007
      Any where is ok with me, but time to get it set up is now or all the parks will be taken. Sofar it looks like you & I are the only ones interested.
      Dave

      Sam Glasscock <glasscocklanding@...> wrote:
      How about one of the rivers off Pamlico Sound? Lots
      of water to explore for the big/fast boat guys, plenty
      of nearby open water for shoal-draft sailing, but
      protected for the little boat guys. I don't know
      about shore access, etc. around New Bern or
      Washington, N.C., but sombody on this group might.

      === message truncated ===

      Never Miss an Email

    • nsimms
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 2, 2007
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Sam Glasscock <glasscocklanding@...> wrote:

        > How about one of the rivers off Pamlico Sound? Lots
        > of water to explore for the big/fast boat guys, plenty
        > of nearby open water for shoal-draft sailing, but
        > protected for the little boat guys. I don't know
        > about shore access, etc. around New Bern or
        > Washington, N.C., but sombody on this group might.

        Goose Creek SP is the only one I'm aware of in this area. Haven't been
        there in years so I don't recall how suitable it is for a group
        messabout (beach?):

        http://www.ils.unc.edu/parkproject/visit/gocr/home.html

        12 primitive tent sites, but First Come First Serve, which would mean
        very tough to secure on a holiday weekend...

        Neil S.