Re: [bolger] Re: HOW ABOUT A SOUTHEASTERN MESSAGBOUT?

  • Rhett Davis
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 1, 2007
      Tugaloo State Park on Lake Hartwell SC/GA?
      I could do that.
      What about
      Santee State Park in East SC?

      Do either of these have shorline campsites with "beach" like areas for all
      the people and boats to mill around
      on?

      Rav
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 2, 2007
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Sam Glasscock <glasscocklanding@...> wrote:

        > How about one of the rivers off Pamlico Sound? Lots
        > of water to explore for the big/fast boat guys, plenty
        > of nearby open water for shoal-draft sailing, but
        > protected for the little boat guys. I don't know
        > about shore access, etc. around New Bern or
        > Washington, N.C., but sombody on this group might.

        Goose Creek SP is the only one I'm aware of in this area. Haven't been
        there in years so I don't recall how suitable it is for a group
        messabout (beach?):

        http://www.ils.unc.edu/parkproject/visit/gocr/home.html

        12 primitive tent sites, but First Come First Serve, which would mean
        very tough to secure on a holiday weekend...

        Neil S.