Re: [bolger] Re: HOW ABOUT A SOUTHEASTERN MESSAGBOUT?

  • dave seeton
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 31, 2007
      Great, thanks
      So when & where?
      Dave

      Patrick Crockett <pcrockett@...> wrote:
      I expect we can define the criteria for attendance to be whatever we
      want. My inclination is to use the old Rainbow criterion -- if you've
      got a belly button, you're in. Of course, if you are coming in a 150
      foot yacht, your interests may be such that you wouldn't find the event
      interesting.

      Patrick

      dave seeton wrote:
      > Hello
      > Never been to a messabout. Is it limited to only Bolger designed? Only Sail?
      > Memorial W/E is ok for by me, Motel for us.
      > Dave

    • nsimms
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 2, 2007
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Sam Glasscock <glasscocklanding@...> wrote:

        > How about one of the rivers off Pamlico Sound? Lots
        > of water to explore for the big/fast boat guys, plenty
        > of nearby open water for shoal-draft sailing, but
        > protected for the little boat guys. I don't know
        > about shore access, etc. around New Bern or
        > Washington, N.C., but sombody on this group might.

        Goose Creek SP is the only one I'm aware of in this area. Haven't been
        there in years so I don't recall how suitable it is for a group
        messabout (beach?):

        http://www.ils.unc.edu/parkproject/visit/gocr/home.html

        12 primitive tent sites, but First Come First Serve, which would mean
        very tough to secure on a holiday weekend...

        Neil S.