Re: Puffer

    Message 1 of 30 , Jan 29, 2007
      > http://hallman.org/bolger/Puffer/Puffer.png
      > http://hallman.org/bolger/Puffer/Puffer.fbm

      For what it is worth, the surface area of the Puffer model works out
      to 2,369 SF.

      If made of 1/4" steel, that would weigh 25,000 lbs. I have lost
      track, is a dollar a pound a good estimate for steel fabrications?

      If made of plywood, with 50% waste, that is 150 sheets.

      A box 40' x 14' x14' has a surface area of 2,352 SF.

      All in all, about equivalent amount of work as an Illinois, and in my
      opinion, a much more capable boat.