Re: [bolger] Re: Spur11

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 28, 2007
      That Spur II was a 'spur of the moment' thing. I built it quickly
      without knowing anything about lapstrake technique. In other words,
      it was a learning experience. The lessons I learned came to fruit
      later when I built my favorite rowboat, Cartoon 5 (which is much
      similar to Spur II, but double ended.)

      I rowed Spur II several times, and it rowed extremely fine, just
      spectacular. It ended up weighing 20 pounds more than I would have
      preferred, but I could cartop it single handed.

      I gave her away to a long time old friend, and I understand that she
      still sees plenty use on Lake Washington near Seattle.