RE: [SPAM] Re: [bolger] UK Summer meet

  • Christopher C. Wetherill
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 22, 2007
      HH Payson's write-up is dated 1973

      -----Original Message-----
      From: bolger@yahoogroups.com [mailto:bolger@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of
      Patrick Crockett
      Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 10:36 PM
      To: bolger@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: [bolger] UK Summer meet

      "The Folding Schooner and Other Adventures in Boat Design" was published
      in 1977, so the design is at least 29 years old. I remember the book
      explaining the circumstances of the design (Bolger wanted to enter a
      schooner race far enough away that trailering would be a lot more
      convenient, as I recall.), but I don't remember it telling when the boat
      was designed or built. I imagine you could get the actual design date
      (and date of first launch) from Bolger.

      Patrick.

      Alex Heywood wrote:
      > The thames seems OK for me, not to far, so all i have to do now is finish
      the folding schooner which does'nt
      > fold . it is just in two parts I slot it together on the ramp, when i say
      finish it i have to glass fiber the bottom and make masts and booms
      > does anyone know when the folding schooner was designed as there is a
      event for older designed dinghy's ,it would be fun to see their
      > faces when i turned up with it
      > alex

      the Wooden Boat Festival on the Thames ?

      http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

      horses
      (978) 282-1349
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Bolger rules!!!
      - no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, respamming, or flogging dead
      horses
      (978) 282-1349
      Yahoo! Groups Links