HOW ABOUT A SOUTHEASTERN MESSAGBOUT?

  • Gronicle
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 21, 2007
      HOW ABOUT WE ORGANIZE A SOUTHEASTERN MESSAGBOUT AT SOME PLACE LIKE RED TOP
      MOUNTAIN STATE PARK ON LAKE ALTOONA, JUST THIRTY MILES NORTH OF ATLANTA?
      RIGHT OFF INTERSTATE 75, AND EASY FOR PEOPLE TO DRIVE OR FLY IN AND HOOK UP?
      NOT VERY EXPENSIVE BECAUSE IT IS RUN BY THE STATE. RAMPS, FOOD, CAMPING,
      HOTELS NEAR BY. CHECK IT OUT ON THE INTERNET UNDER GEORGIA STATE PARKS.

      NOTHING AGAINST GOING NORTH TO JERSEY OR WHERE EVER, BUT THAT IS A GOOD HAUL
      FROM SAVANNAH, GEORGIA WHERE I AM LOCATED. BE NICE TO SEE SOMETHING FOR US
      BOYS WHO LIKE BOLGER STUFF DOWN SOUTH.

      REGARDS, STEPHEN

      FROM THE COASTAL EMPIRE OF GEORGIA

    • nsimms
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 2, 2007
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Sam Glasscock <glasscocklanding@...> wrote:

        > How about one of the rivers off Pamlico Sound? Lots
        > of water to explore for the big/fast boat guys, plenty
        > of nearby open water for shoal-draft sailing, but
        > protected for the little boat guys. I don't know
        > about shore access, etc. around New Bern or
        > Washington, N.C., but sombody on this group might.

        Goose Creek SP is the only one I'm aware of in this area. Haven't been
        there in years so I don't recall how suitable it is for a group
        messabout (beach?):

        http://www.ils.unc.edu/parkproject/visit/gocr/home.html

        12 primitive tent sites, but First Come First Serve, which would mean
        very tough to secure on a holiday weekend...

        Neil S.