Eastern Messabout June 15,16,17, 2007

  • Steve Bosquette
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 18, 2007
      Hi Group
      I am planning a Messabout in the East June 15,16,17,2007.
      While I am still locating an appropriate venue I wanted to get the
      word out ASAP. It will be in New Jersey or on the Hudson
      in New York.
      If anyone knows of a good location which includes a ramp, camping, and
      gathering area please let me know.
      I will post the location here and in Duckworks as soon as I know.
      If you are interested in attending please send me an e-mail at either
      mainesal5@... or sneakeasykatie@.... Include how many
      will attend and what boat(s) you will be bringing. I am in the
      process of making a website for my Sneakeasy and I will post
      directions and instructions there.
      Hope to see a good response.

      Thanks
      Steve Bosquette
    • Susan Davis
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 18, 2007
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bosquette" <mainesal5@...> wrote:

        > I am planning a Messabout in the East June 15,16,17,2007.
        > While I am still locating an appropriate venue I wanted to get the
        > word out ASAP. It will be in New Jersey or on the Hudson
        > in New York.

        Yay! The Hudson is a lot easier for me to get to than New Jersey, but
        we'll try to come with at least _Shrike_, and possibly another boat or
        two.

        > If anyone knows of a good location which includes a ramp, camping, and
        > gathering area please let me know.

        I'll keep my eyes open. There's a ramp and gathering area in Catskill
        that's about ten miles from a spot where I can provide camping for
        everyone... but it'd be much nicer to actually have camping on the
        site itself.

        --
        Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
      • Steve Bosquette
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 18, 2007
          Hi Susan nice you hear your voice!!
          Do you remember that after the 2005 Kingston,Ontario messabout there
          was one planned in Kingston ,NY? Who ran that? Maybe we could meet
          at that location.

          Steve

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...> wrote:

          > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bosquette" <mainesal5@>
          wrote:

          > > I am planning a Messabout in the East June 15,16,17,2007.
          > > While I am still locating an appropriate venue I wanted to get
          the
          > > word out ASAP. It will be in New Jersey or on the Hudson
          > > in New York.
          >
          > Yay! The Hudson is a lot easier for me to get to than New Jersey,
          but
          > we'll try to come with at least _Shrike_, and possibly another
          boat or
          > two.
          >
          > > If anyone knows of a good location which includes a ramp,
          camping, and
          > > gathering area please let me know.
          >
          > I'll keep my eyes open. There's a ramp and gathering area in
          Catskill
          > that's about ten miles from a spot where I can provide camping for
          > everyone... but it'd be much nicer to actually have camping on the
          > site itself.
          >
          > --
          > Susan Davis <futabachan@...>

        • Paul
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 20, 2007
            Hi Steve et al,
            The Kingston NY event was organized by Mike Wagner who is currently in
            Florida on his AS-29 (Google: Walkure voyages). I was packed and ready
            to go but the weather report was horrible so I stayed home. Check
            into a few of the NJ reservoir/recreation areas (Spruce Run, Round
            Valley etc) as possible sites. I'll be glad to bring my Brikett (sort
            of a Brick with curves) and/or Gunbunny (S&G pirogue).

            Paul
            Long Valley, NJ

            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bosquette" <mainesal5@...> wrote:

            > Hi Susan nice you hear your voice!!
            > Do you remember that after the 2005 Kingston,Ontario messabout there
            > was one planned in Kingston ,NY? Who ran that? Maybe we could meet
            > at that location.
            >
            > Steve
            >
            > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bosquette" <mainesal5@>
            > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I am planning a Messabout in the East June 15,16,17,2007.
            > > > While I am still locating an appropriate venue I wanted to get
            > the
            > > > word out ASAP. It will be in New Jersey or on the Hudson
            > > > in New York.
            > >
            > > Yay! The Hudson is a lot easier for me to get to than New Jersey,
            > but
            > > we'll try to come with at least _Shrike_, and possibly another
            > boat or
            > > two.
            > >
            > > > If anyone knows of a good location which includes a ramp,
            > camping, and
            > > > gathering area please let me know.
            > >
            > > I'll keep my eyes open. There's a ramp and gathering area in
            > Catskill
            > > that's about ten miles from a spot where I can provide camping for
            > > everyone... but it'd be much nicer to actually have camping on the
            > > site itself.
            > >
            > > --
            > > Susan Davis <futabachan@>

          • Michael Wagner
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 20, 2007
              Rondout Yacht Basin in Connelly NY (Near Kingston) is
              the spot where we held the 2005 event. They have a
              ramp, travel lift and camping space. They also have RV
              hookups, a nice pool, clean showers, etc.

              They were my home port until I left on my current
              adventure.

              I would love to help organize this event, but I'm in
              Florida, making my way down the coast to the Keys.

              Mike Wagner

              --- Steve Bosquette <mainesal5@...> wrote:

              > Hi Group
              > I am planning a Messabout in the East June
              > 15,16,17,2007.
              > While I am still locating an appropriate venue I
              > wanted to get the
              > word out ASAP. It will be in New Jersey or on the
              > Hudson
              > in New York.
              > If anyone knows of a good location which includes a
              > ramp, camping, and
              > gathering area please let me know.
              > I will post the location here and in Duckworks as
              > soon as I know.
              > If you are interested in attending please send me an
              > e-mail at either
              > mainesal5@... or sneakeasykatie@....
              > Include how many
              > will attend and what boat(s) you will be bringing.
              > I am in the
              > process of making a website for my Sneakeasy and I
              > will post
              > directions and instructions there.
              > Hope to see a good response.
              >
              > Thanks
              > Steve Bosquette

              http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265
            • Steve Bosquette
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 20, 2007
                Thanks Paul
                It will be great to see you where ever we end up.
                I checked the reservoirs you mentioned and they have a 10HP limit.
                Steve and George have a 65 on their WaterVan. I have 15 on my
                Sneakeasy. I went to the Bull's Island State Park today but the
                have had flood damage and may not open the camping area this year
                again.
                I will contact Mike per your info and see if we can get some info
                about Kingston,NY. That would be a good location I think.

                Steve Bosquette

                --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <lloottpp@...> wrote:

                > Hi Steve et al,
                > The Kingston NY event was organized by Mike Wagner who is
                currently in
                > Florida on his AS-29 (Google: Walkure voyages). I was packed and
                ready
                > to go but the weather report was horrible so I stayed home. Check
                > into a few of the NJ reservoir/recreation areas (Spruce Run, Round
                > Valley etc) as possible sites. I'll be glad to bring my Brikett
                (sort
                > of a Brick with curves) and/or Gunbunny (S&G pirogue).
                >
                > Paul
                > Long Valley, NJ
                >

                > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bosquette" <mainesal5@>
                wrote:

                > > Hi Susan nice you hear your voice!!
                > > Do you remember that after the 2005 Kingston,Ontario messabout
                there
                > > was one planned in Kingston ,NY? Who ran that? Maybe we could
                meet
                > > at that location.
                > >
                > > Steve
                > >
                > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bosquette" <mainesal5@>

                > > the
                > > >
                > > > Yay! The Hudson is a lot easier for me to get to than New
                Jersey,
                > > but
                > > > we'll try to come with at least _Shrike_, and possibly another
                > > boat or
                > > > two.

                > > camping, and
                > > >
                > > > I'll keep my eyes open. There's a ramp and gathering area in
                > > Catskill
                > > > that's about ten miles from a spot where I can provide camping
                for
                > > > everyone... but it'd be much nicer to actually have camping on
                the
                > > > site itself.
                > > >
                > > > --
                > > > Susan Davis <futabachan@>

              • Steve Bosquette
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 20, 2007
                  AHHHH Sunny Florida!! I am sooooooo envious. Even though we have
                  had springlike weather her in NJ I would love to be on a boat in the
                  Keys.
                  We you be back this way this summer? I'll organize it but would
                  love to have you attend!

                  Steve Bosquette

                  _______________

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 20, 2007
                    I tried to email you Paul but it was returned. New address?
                    Steve B
                    wrote:

                    > Thanks Paul
                    > It will be great to see you where ever we end up.
                    > I checked the reservoirs you mentioned and they have a 10HP limit.
                    > Steve and George have a 65 on their WaterVan. I have 15 on my
                    > Sneakeasy. I went to the Bull's Island State Park today but the
                    > have had flood damage and may not open the camping area this year
                    > again.
                    > I will contact Mike per your info and see if we can get some info
                    > about Kingston,NY. That would be a good location I think.
                    >
                    > Steve Bosquette
                    >
                    > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <lloottpp@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi Steve et al,
                    > > The Kingston NY event was organized by Mike Wagner who is
                    > currently in
                    > > Florida on his AS-29 (Google: Walkure voyages). I was packed and
                    > ready
                    > > to go but the weather report was horrible so I stayed home. Check
                    > > into a few of the NJ reservoir/recreation areas (Spruce Run, Round
                    > > Valley etc) as possible sites. I'll be glad to bring my Brikett
                    > (sort
                    > > of a Brick with curves) and/or Gunbunny (S&G pirogue).
                    > >
                    > > Paul
                    > > Long Valley, NJ
                    > >

                    > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bosquette" <mainesal5@>
                    > wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Hi Susan nice you hear your voice!!
                    > > > Do you remember that after the 2005 Kingston,Ontario messabout
                    > there
                    > > > was one planned in Kingston ,NY? Who ran that? Maybe we could
                    > meet
                    > > > at that location.
                    > > >
                    > > > Steve
                    > > >
                    > > > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@>

                    > get
                    > > > the

                    > Jersey,
                    > > > but
                    > > > boat or

                    > > > camping, and

                    > > > Catskill
                    > for
                    > the

                  • Michael Wagner
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 21, 2007
                      Actually, our plans right now have us spending the
                      summer back in the Kentucky Lake/Barkley/Pickwick
                      area. We loved it there as we passed through in the
                      fall, but had to rush due to Jack Frost chasing us.
                      We've talked about shuttling back and forth between
                      the Keys and Kentucky instead of ever going back to
                      the northeast.

                      Isn't that what retirement is for?

                      Mike

                      Looking for earth-friendly autos?
                      http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/
                    • Steve Bosquette
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 21, 2007
                        That is indeed what retirement is for! Best of luck, I'll have an
                        article in Duckworks next summer that you can enjoy.