MICRO ADVERTISEMENT

  • peter lenihan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2000
      Hello Group,
      This is my "classified ad" for my MICRO:

      THE FINEST TABLOID YACHT IN ANY HARBOUR!

      A Phil Bolger designed MICRO for sale.Launched in 1993 and
      displayed at the WOODENBOAT BOAT SHOW in Newport,RI(1993).This micro-
      yacht was built using premium grade materials throughout.All plywood
      is marine-grade MDO.All framing stock,chine logs,shear clamps,rub-
      rails,moldings and companionway rails out of mahogany.Port light rings
      (3) and hawse pipes(2)and mainsheet traveller custom cast in
      bronze.Keel built in the traditional manner with mahogany dead wood
      fore and aft of cast lead keel which in turn is through bolted
      through the 1/2 inch bottom and inner keelson(also mahogany) with 5/8
      inch 316 stainless rod.Cabin finished in traditional fashion with
      no.1 clear pine ceiling and brass fasteners while overhead are three
      laminated mahogany transverse deck beams.Both bunks offer snug
      storage underneath and are topped with custom fitted 4inch closed
      cell foam berth cushions.Interior lighting is provided from two 12
      volt brass cabin lights situated over the head of each
      berth.Navigation lights are tear-drop bronze castings except for
      masthead light,which is of plastic.
      The hull is fastened with epoxy and stainless steel screws.All
      interior surfaces are sealed with epoxy and painted.All exterior
      surfaces(except mahogany trim )are sealed with 4 coats of epoxy
      sealer followed by 3 coats of epoxy barrier coat.All paint is marine
      grade(Interlux).
      A few quotable quotes;"..exquisitely pleased with LESTAT"-Phil
      Bolger while visiting on board in 1993.
      "One of the most appropriately finished home built boats I have
      seen"-Mike O'Brien,WOODENBOAT MAGAZINE senior editor.
      "One of my favorite boats of the show"-Valerie
      LaFrance,WOODENBOAT BOAT SHOW director.
      "One of the best homebuilt boats I have seen."Mark
      Derocheford,WOODENBOAT MAGAZINE West Coast Rep..
      "Mon Dieu,mais c'est formidable!"Visiting tourist from France.

      This boat was also presented in the commercial video of the boat
      show(SHAW PRODUCTIONS),has been seen in L'Escale(French boating
      magazine) and recently appeared in two episodes of the British
      children's series"THE WORST WITCH".She is presently located in
      Montréal,Québec,CANADA and comes complete with sails,5hp
      Mercury
      outboard,custom made storage/shipping craddle,two anchors(20lb
      Danforth and one grapnel),6 feet of chain and 200 feet of
      rhode.Included also are:one 5 gal.Colema cooler
      one 1 1/2 gal Coleman cooler
      two MUSTANG AIR-SOFT FOAM SYSTEM life jackets.
      one fire extinguisher with wall mount bracket
      ON GUARD by PYRENE CORP.Model ABC 2 1/2 p-6 class 1-A,10-B,c DRY
      CHEMICAL.
      One 3 gal. remote fuel tank
      one NAUTILUS 800 heavy duty marine battery.

      Price: $10,000 firm.(keel-kickers kindly abstain)

      I can be contacted via e-mail at
      ellengaest@...
      A few pictures of the boat during construction can be seen
      at Chuck's wonderful DUCKWORKS MAGAZINE site,in their "articles"
      section
      and at Leo's beautiful AS-29 site(see Tim's SQUARE BOAT PAGE for link)

      And finally,I would like to say thank you to Gregg Carlson(our
      e-group moderator) for allowing(encouraging?) me to place my ad here!
      Sincerely,
      Peter Lenihan