SHS

  • Clyde Wisner
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 7, 2007
      I just received my Nov/Dec issue of Woodenboat, and there before my eyes
      was Mike O'Brien's review of the Single Handed Schooner. Clyde
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 7, 2007
        What are some of the highlights of what he has to say?
      • John Bell
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 7, 2007
          Clyde Wisner wrote:
          > I just received my Nov/Dec issue of Woodenboat, and there before my eyes
          > was Mike O'Brien's review of the Single Handed Schooner. Clyde

          The review is actually for the Light Schooner. The SHS is called "His
          and Hers Schooners" in BWAOM.

          O'Brien's commentary also mentions the cat schooner modification of this
          venerable design first built by Jon Kolb, a frequent correspondent to
          this group.
        • Clyde Wisner
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 8, 2007
            I'm confused. John is right, I went back and looked at Mike O'B's art on
            "Scooner" and there's no mention of Single Handed. I'm 3 hrs from my
            "BWOM" but it seems to me that the last time I looked at His and Her,
            there wasn't any mention of Single Handed. Now Susan mentions "Light
            Schooner" which rings a bell. I am familiar with Jochems because I'm
            interested in the Halifax Explorer/ Delaware Trawler, optimistically,
            several months away. In the mean time I'll stick to the schooners that
            carry beer. Clyde

            Bruce Hallman wrote:

            > What are some of the highlights of what he has to say?

          • Christopher C. Wetherill
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 8, 2007
              Scooner is the name of a specific boat. The design is in Payson's Build the
              New Instant Boat as Light Schooner. It is 23.5 feet long and has a transom.
              His and Her Schooners and Singlehander Schooner are the same, 19.5 feet long
              and double ended. SHS is how Payson lists the plans on his site
              Instantboats.com.

              I want to apologize again for muddying the waters here. I think I must have
              crossed the rig of WDJ with the hull of BirdwatcherII. As I implied before,
              I should not rely on memory.

              V/R
              Chris