Re: [bolger] Re: Schooner "Shearwater"

  • Christopher Wetherill
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
      Current bid on ebay is 11k

      Peter Lenihan wrote:
      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Hallman" <bruce@...> wrote:
      >
      >>> The Bolger schooner "Shearwater"
      >>>
      >> OMG, now that boat I REALLY want.
      >>

      > Me too! But at that size I would need full standing headroom....my back
      > canna take it no more :-)
      > Oh and give me more natural lighting...my eyes ain't what they used to
      > be neither :-D
      >

      > Peter

    • lancasterdennis
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
        Now this is a find:
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hand-Built-Oak-and-Mahogany-Sail-Boat-
        with-Trailer-
        2001_W0QQitemZ170066950797QQihZ007QQcategoryZ63729QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

        - In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Wetherill <wetherillc@...>
        wrote:

        > Current bid on ebay is 11k
        >
        > Peter Lenihan wrote:

        > >> OMG, now that boat I REALLY want.
        > >>

        > > Me too! But at that size I would need full standing
        headroom....my back
        > > canna take it no more :-)
        > > Oh and give me more natural lighting...my eyes ain't what they
        used to
        > > be neither :-D
        > >

        > > Peter

      • Patrick Crockett
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
          I know it is inconsistent for a Bolgerista to say so, but that is one
          strange looking boat!

          Patrick

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 5, 2007
            You know, after thinking this over, at first I laughed at what I saw,
            then realized that someone poured their heart and soul into that
            project, probably didn't know very much about boats and sailing, just
            wanted to fulfill a dream to build his or her own boat. So, will I do
            any better with my project? Its all about fullfilling the dream.. we
            do the best we can. So, I take my hat off to this builder and solute
            the effort.

            Regards,

            Dennis

            - In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Crockett <pcrockett@...> wrote:

            > I know it is inconsistent for a Bolgerista to say so, but that is one
            > strange looking boat!
            >
            > Patrick
            >
            > lancasterdennis wrote:
            > > --
            > > Now this is a find:
            > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hand-Built-Oak-and-Mahogany-Sail-
            Boat-
            > > with-Trailer-

            2001_W0QQitemZ170066950797QQihZ007QQcategoryZ63729QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

          • Peter Lenihan
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 5, 2007
              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "lancasterdennis" <dlancast@...> wrote:
              So, will I do
              > any better with my project?

              Most likely,especially if you have a set of plans from a qualified
              designer and follow them as intended.
              Otherwise it is difficult to imagine anyone living today, in North
              America, to be so completely removed from the abundance of information
              freely and readily available regarding small amateur buildable boats,
              that they should "create" such an object to float like a boat. No
              reason really, unless it is a prop or joke.

              Sincerely,

              Peter Lenihan
            • Christopher Wetherill
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 5, 2007
                This may have been a test rig for some kind of proof of concept, or
                perhaps practice with cold molding.

                V/R
                Chris