Schooner "Shearwater"

  • erd39
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
      The Bolger schooner "Shearwater" formerly on the Yacht World listings
      for $75,000 has bee donated to Block Island Marine Funding and listed
      for $39,500! If only I had my boat sold!

      Go to: http://www.blockislandmaritime.com/ and follow links to eBay
      listings.

      Cheers,
      Ed
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
        > The Bolger schooner "Shearwater"

        OMG, now that boat I REALLY want.
      • Peter Lenihan
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007

          > > The Bolger schooner "Shearwater"
          >
          > OMG, now that boat I REALLY want.

          Me too! But at that size I would need full standing headroom....my back
          canna take it no more :-)
          Oh and give me more natural lighting...my eyes ain't what they used to
          be neither :-D

          Peter
        • Christopher Wetherill
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
            Current bid on ebay is 11k

            Peter Lenihan wrote:
            > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Hallman" <bruce@...> wrote:
            >
            >>> The Bolger schooner "Shearwater"
            >>>
            >> OMG, now that boat I REALLY want.
            >>

            > Me too! But at that size I would need full standing headroom....my back
            > canna take it no more :-)
            > Oh and give me more natural lighting...my eyes ain't what they used to
            > be neither :-D
            >

            > Peter

          • lancasterdennis
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
              Now this is a find:
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hand-Built-Oak-and-Mahogany-Sail-Boat-
              with-Trailer-
              2001_W0QQitemZ170066950797QQihZ007QQcategoryZ63729QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

              - In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Wetherill <wetherillc@...>
              wrote:

              > Current bid on ebay is 11k
              >
              > Peter Lenihan wrote:

              > >> OMG, now that boat I REALLY want.
              > >>

              > > Me too! But at that size I would need full standing
              headroom....my back
              > > canna take it no more :-)
              > > Oh and give me more natural lighting...my eyes ain't what they
              used to
              > > be neither :-D
              > >

              > > Peter

            • Patrick Crockett
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
                I know it is inconsistent for a Bolgerista to say so, but that is one
                strange looking boat!

                Patrick

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 5, 2007
                  You know, after thinking this over, at first I laughed at what I saw,
                  then realized that someone poured their heart and soul into that
                  project, probably didn't know very much about boats and sailing, just
                  wanted to fulfill a dream to build his or her own boat. So, will I do
                  any better with my project? Its all about fullfilling the dream.. we
                  do the best we can. So, I take my hat off to this builder and solute
                  the effort.

                  Regards,

                  Dennis

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 5, 2007
                    --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "lancasterdennis" <dlancast@...> wrote:
                    So, will I do
                    > any better with my project?

                    Most likely,especially if you have a set of plans from a qualified
                    designer and follow them as intended.
                    Otherwise it is difficult to imagine anyone living today, in North
                    America, to be so completely removed from the abundance of information
                    freely and readily available regarding small amateur buildable boats,
                    that they should "create" such an object to float like a boat. No
                    reason really, unless it is a prop or joke.

                    Sincerely,

                    Peter Lenihan
                  • Christopher Wetherill
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 5, 2007
                      This may have been a test rig for some kind of proof of concept, or
                      perhaps practice with cold molding.

                      V/R
                      Chris