Re: Long Micro update

  • dnjost
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
      I second the motion here. The stern is the best way to get back in
      from deeper water. When I solo, I keep a life harness on, and a
      coiled rope fastened to a cleat on the transom to hold on to if the
      need arises. The motor is the best step that can be found usually.
      A strong traveller is a help here as well for stern sheeted boats.
      Had this issue on an old Herreshoff of mine, while it was not a life
      threatening situation (in the harbor), it was embarrassing to say the
      least.

      Plans for Birdwatcher have been unrolled, carefully measured, and
      materials for the mast close by. I am sensing a breakthrough this
      month as the basement is finally clear of old junk.

      David Jost