Re: [bolger] Re: Small Craft Advisor Issue #42

  • Kristine Bennett
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 28, 2006
      Jamie some of the changes to the boat was a fwd stand
      up wheelhouse and a lower aft cabin. They also say 5
      to 10 HP outboard for power.

      You also have to remember they are useing the hull as
      a powerboat, not sail. So it will have more windage
      and you could well be right 10 Hp may be to much. But
      who knows! First they would have to get the drawing
      done and then have someone build one and see how well
      she runs and what trim changes need to made.

      Oh Jamie you are also in print as well as an Owner's
      Review. Hey you have hit the big time....Just don't
      give up your day job. (I'm just being funny)

      Blessings all
      Krissie

      > Kristine
      >
      > Unless PCB&F make some radical changes, a 5 horse
      > motor is all you
      > need or want on a Chebacco hull. The 10 would weigh
      > down the stern,
      > while the 5 will drive her at hull speed (yes, 5.5)
      > quite easily.
      > It also has enough power to buck as much headwind as
      > you'd want to,
      > the waves will make you throttle back anyway so that
      > extra power is
      > wasted.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • graeme19121984
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 29, 2006
        Thanks for the pic Greg.

        Sorry to hear your sailing time was cut short (*~*), but it is good to
        hear just how easy you now find that trailer retreival/launch
        method :-). Better luck at Easter then.

        Graeme

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Flemming" <greg@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the reply Peter,
        >
        > So, maybe at Easter we can get some sailing in then, and some pics.
        >
        > Greg
      • Greg Flemming
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 31, 2006
          Yes Graeme,

          Actually I can't now see why I thought the whole thing was such a
          t0-do?? Anyway, it really is much easier than I had decided that it
          was...beats me where that came from, but maybe just the imagining
          rather than the actual doing.

          What it basically means though, is, that now we should be more
          prepared to put the boat in the water on the odd weekend rather than
          waiting till we are there for longer

          Greg