Re: [bolger] Re: Steel ASharpies/Lions Paw update/Weston Martyr

  • Kristine Bennett
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 3, 2006
      I know a number of hobbiest woodworkers here on the
      island and they are more then happy to do the milling
      I need done. The last time it cost me two sets of
      planer blades and two new saw blades. And he still
      thinks he owes me for the all the blades.....

      All the milling we did would have cost me about 2
      grand to have a commercal shop do it. Hey it was also
      a nice way to spend a weekend with a friend!

      The funny thing is every thing we milled fit!

      Blessings all Krissie

      > One can also get these units custom fabricated to
      > your design (in whatever wood you wish) at the same
      > costs of units found in lumber yards. You have to
      > find the hobbiest cabinet maker in your neighborhood
      > to do the work - not a commerical shop. The hobbiest
      > likely has $20,000 in equipment sitting in the
      > garage - be happy to make stuff for you with your
      > money - rather than making yet another piece that
      > gets stored .... until someday.
      > The above is what I advise people who take my
      > housebuilding workshops.

      http://new.mail.yahoo.com
    • ANDREW AIREY
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 4, 2006
        ps Chesterfield canal 'cuckoos' were 72ft long which
        makes WM look relatively fat.Unfortunately the last
        original one fell apart under the tender care of the
        British Waterways museum so the Canal Trust is on with
        constructing a replica
        Cheers
        Andy Airey