Has anyone tried the new soy based glue plywood

  • Richard Menz
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2006
      Last year I read about a prof ( sorry don't recall if he was at Oregon
      State or University of Oregon) who had studied the protiens barnicals
      use to adhere to things in the water. He had formulated a soy based
      version and they were trying to get the wood products industry to try
      it out. Well I looked after seeing the current plywood discussion and
      Columbia Forest Products is using it. No gas, very water proof and it
      does't cost extra. Just curious if anyone has tried this new product,
      which could be revolutionary.

      Richard Menz
      Boise