Re: Drain holes??

  • Joe Tribulato
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 26, 2006
      Go to: http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/ and Google "hull plug". You
      will get 15 links. Among them is the solution you seek. Prepare a 3/4
      inch block with a deep grove in the bottom at deck level from the edge
      to the center. Glue at a low point. Drill through the block and the
      bottom for an expanding plug (hardware store item). I will add a
      sugestion. Invert a plastic basket, like strawberries come in, to keep
      leaves and such from pluging the hole.

      Joe T

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, catboat15@... wrote:

      > My Bolger Car Topper sits outdoors most of the year, and in spite of
      > coverings always ends up with rain water in the hull. I keep a
      couple of plastic
      > tubes handy to siphon out the water, but was wondering if I simply
      drilled a
      > hole in the bottom and kept a wooden plug handy to use when sailing.
      The bottom