Micro upgrade drawings

  • Derek Waters
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2006
      PB&F completed drawings for upgrades to the cuddy cabin version of Micro
      which showed [amongst other things] a bow modification and a tabernacled
      Chinese Gaff rig.

      For the life of me I cannot find my copy of these at present. I'd really
      like a 'winter planning' look at the 'forward hatch' treatment they
      proposed, and thought that the relevant section of the drawings had been
      online somewhere at one point, but cannot currently find them either.

      Can some kind soul refresh my memory? I've trawled my way through the 7 or 8
      Yahoo groups of files and photos without locating them and for once, Google
      is also drawing a blank.

      cheers
      Derek
    • Nels
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2006
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Waters" <dgw@...> wrote:

        > Can some kind soul refresh my memory? I've trawled my way through
        the 7 or 8
        > Yahoo groups of files and photos without locating them and for once,
        Google
        > is also drawing a blank.
        >
        > cheers
        > Derek

        Hi Derek,

        It may have been me, but I can't locate the scans either.

        I will try to find the blue tube this weekend.

        Essentially I think they show a hatch that hinges from the rear and
        laps over a standard companionway like the regular one. I considered a
        dropboard like Peter uses in Lestat would work. Or a heavy piece of
        lexan. Peter used umhw for sliders. I posted a photo taken during
        construction here:

        The hatch may limit the opening of the existing sliding hatch all the
        way. Not sure as Peters hatch was not to plan.

        Are you thinking of installing the tabernacle as well?

        Nels