Re: Polytarp sail for Eeek!

  • captreed48
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2006
      Failing
      > that is there any new info on poly sails. A lot of the sites I found
      > seemed pretty old or had buttons that didn't work...

      Try the Excel sail calculator here:

      http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/05/articles/saildart/free.cfm

      It produces a pretty good poly tarp sail.

      Reed

    • craig o'donnell
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
        >I'm sitting in front of the CAD designing a sail for the Fat Eeek! I
        >have. I'm going to use the Eeek sail for the time being until I figure
        >out whether the wider boat will accept more sail.
        >
        >Has anyone built a sail for this design? Or a simmilar rig? Failing
        >that is there any new info on poly sails. A lot of the sites I found
        >seemed pretty old or had buttons that didn't work...

        I think you can find info about Dave Gray's polysails at Duckworks Magazine
        (Google polytarp duckworks, for example)
        --
        Craig O'Donnell
        Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats
      • proaboat
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "captreed48" <captreed@...> wrote:

          > Failing
          > > that is there any new info on poly sails. A lot of the sites I found
          > > seemed pretty old or had buttons that didn't work...
          >
          > Try the Excel sail calculator here:
          >
          > http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/05/articles/saildart/free.cfm
          >
          > It produces a pretty good poly tarp sail.
          >
          > Reed

          See also

          http://www.duckworksbbs.com/sails/jim/ladybug/index.htm where there's
          a link to a custom sail ordering menu with various materials.

          Also, SailCut, if you have Windows:

          http://www.sailcut.com/
        • proaconstrictor
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006

            > I think you can find info about Dave Gray's polysails at Duckworks
            Magazine
            > (Google polytarp duckworks, for example)
            > --

            I read his article there, and in fact my cad angle is just to develop a
            full size drawing, but also print it out so I can do his paper thing.
            SO far the Jim Michaluk's pages on a sprit boom sail seem the most
            detailed.

            Thanks for all the help everyone.
          • graeme19121984
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "proaconstrictor" <proaconstrictor@...>
              wrote:

              >a sail for the Fat Eeek!

              http://www.hometown.aol.com/polysail/HTML/article.htm

              #15661, a node in the ESC story, :) go for it.