Re: Bolger's power mitihulls

  • proaconstrictor
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 2, 2006

      > Yes I had seen that one but was not sure if it was
      > PCB&Fs design or an idea someone had and used ideas
      > of PCB. But it's along the idea I have for a powercat.
      >

      > I should send Phil a letter and see what he has to
      > say.
      >
      > Blessings All Kristine

      Good idea, I recall the article in MAIB, and it was a Phil project but
      for Yulloh testing therefore displacement hull stuff. After that
      interest passed, it was used for the kind of thing in the picture, and
      then it was passed on, and then it rotted out.
    • proaconstrictor
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 6, 2006
        Kristine,

        you have probably already seen this. But it comes as close to being
        economical, fast to build, resaleable, and seriously useful as one is
        likely to find, short of a personal design. One issue that I would ask
        about first is that amas are not necesarily good models for powercat
        hulls. The deal is for a few thou you buy pre-molded epoxy
        glass "pans" that are just glued to whatever square box superstructure
        you want to use. Or build the kit, or buy the boat.

        http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?
        &units=Feet&checked_boats=1547873&lang=en&slim=broker&&hosturl=multimari
        ne&&ywo=multimarine&