Re: [bolger] Re: AS29 interior photos

  • James Hagan
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
      >propane detector which I did with my van conversion. I forgot to ask
      >about the hard dodger as well. Is that an upgrade to the original
      >plans? Looks great and I see is a walk-through with a hard closure for
      >the opening
      Nels,
      PB&F did suggest a shelter in their upgrade but it didn't look much like mine. The port shelter does support an 80W solar panel which is one of the best additions. The boom had to be raised with jaws to clear the shelters and I added the sheet car and its track. I did add the operating ports, perhaps stupidly, to the hull, but that extra breeze is nice in Virginia.

      <http://markvdesigns.tripod.com/boatbuilding/> is Marks site. If you click on the "background" link the boat in its orginal form is seen at the bottom of the page. It's strip built and it had some brief owners after Mark. The last, before me, added the stern doghouse which permits standing room in the galley. I added the doghouse forward. The additions are ugly but they function well and make the boat more comfortable. They are fixed and I confused things by posting photos from different times.

      >Also am wondering about the stern drive. Is it almost in a tunnel for
      >shallow water work? And what size engine is it? What is the cruising
      >speed and how is the hull made
      It's driven by a 9.9 Yamaha and moves at an economical and stately 6 knots. I expect to finally remove "Somethin' Else" this month while making other repairs and return her to "Heart of Gold"

      Jim
    • saillips
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
        Hi James,
        When I click on the link you posted, it only brings up the exterior
        shots of the AS29, the launch, and the kayaks. No other links/tool
        bars/ navigation tools are visible. Any ideas what am I doing wrong?
        Thanks,
        David
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
        • Chris Curtis
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 2, 2006
            Hello David. This caught me also. Just click on the top picture to
            see the most excellent interior views.

            Chris Curtis

            On Nov 2, 2006, at 11:12 AM, saillips wrote:

            > Hi James,
            > When I click on the link you posted, it only brings up the exterior
            > shots of the AS29, the launch, and the kayaks. No other links/tool
            > bars/ navigation tools are visible. Any ideas what am I doing wrong?
            > Thanks,
            > David

            Chris Curtis
            Sandpoint Computers