Re: [bolger] Re: High mileage all weather commuter?

    Message 1 of 39 , Nov 2, 2006
      On 11/1/06, Harry James <welshman@...> wrote:

      > Bruce
      >
      > What MAIB was this from?
      >
      > HJ

      Volume 12 Issue 2, from 1994

      By the way, I am looking to borrow MAIB's from 1992, 1993, and early
      1994 to be returned promptly. If anybody has these issues in their
      collection, please contact me off list.
    • Stefan Probst
      Message 39 of 39 , Nov 5, 2006
        --- Randy Hough <randy.hough@...> wrote:

        > The difference is that the library purchased the book.
        > The publisher and author were paid.

        Well, the one who scans his books/magazines paid for his copy, too.

        BTW, I was - as a starting point - talking about books that are not on
        sale anymore, and where they have no intention to print them again.

        If I take a book from a library, scan it for my friend who can't come
        to the library, and send the scan to him?

        > I would be more than happy to pay the non-production cost
        > of a book to be able to download it on-line.
        > Production costs being printing, binding, warehousing, and shipping.

        Agreed.

        > Scanning and posting printed work on the net is the same
        > as sharing music or video files. Think Napster.

        Only, if
        a) the printed work is still on sale
        b) the music is not available in libraries

        Books and articles in old magazines are different.

        Stefan